Public Affairs Intern II – Part-Time
Mesa Water, located in Costa Mesa, CA, is seeking a bright, creative, enthusiastic, ethical, and reliable upper division college student (must be current student) in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, and/or Public Relations.
The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communications skills; a working knowledge of office equipment; excellent computer skills, including experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs; and, exceptional attention to detail. Candidates should have demonstrated writing education/experience and an interest in event-planning and media and government relations.
Mesa Water offers a collaborative, dynamic, and exciting work environment where you will learn about the water industry, while also implementing Public and Government Affairs Principles, Practices and Programs.
Work hours are flexible around school schedule within the District’s hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Hours will be 20-29 per week and schedule will be determined by the manager. (No more than 960 hours in a fiscal year July 1st – June 30). Some early morning, evening and weekend hours are required for events support.
Minimum Desired Qualifications:
- Enrolled as an upper division student at an accredited undergraduate program with a focus in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, and/or Public Relations
- Not scheduled to graduate before May 2018
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to generate superior written work products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook, as well as Adobe is desired
- Project experience, organization and time management
- Ability to research, write, edit, proofread, and prepare a variety of informational publications (i.e., newsletter stories, pitch letters, press releases, reports, speeches, tweets, etc.)
- Photography knowledge such as photo and video shoot principles as well as production/layout and graphic design
- Knowledge of event-planning and coordinating with vendors
- Media relations interest and/or experience such as creating media lists or distributing information to media or conducting media pitches
DEADLINE TO APPLY: For application instructions and deadline please select, APPLY NOW
TENTATIVE EXAM/INTERVIEW DATE: For application instructions and deadline please select, APPLY NOW